Sitemap submission to Yahoo was previously done using Yahoo Site Explorer but just last year on 21 Nov 2011 Yahoo completed algorithmic transition to Bing. Yahoo merged site explorer into Bing Webmaster Tools with a partnership contract. From then onwards webmasters were requested to submit sitemaps to Bing in order to expect quality traffic from both yahoo and Bing. Site Explorer was launched in 2005 by Tim Mayer and it was a pretty handy tool to keep a close watch on how your site was performing at yahoo search engine. You could get detailed info on how many sites were linking you and could also count the total number of internal links within your site. But since now Yahoo has joined hands with Bing search engine by Microsoft, our job becomes even more easy, because submitting your blog at Bing will set it live at two search engines, i.e. both Bing and yahoo. Previously MSN did not required sitemap and you only needed to submit your link to them by pinging them but with the replacement of MSN search engine by latest BING, Microsoft is now openly following Google's footsteps.
Submit Your Blog URL To BING and YAHOOFollow these easy steps:
- Log into Bing Webmaster Tools using your hotmail account
- Once logged in you will see a dashboard with several options. Click the button " Add Site" next to "Remove site button".
4. You will be given a short HTML code. Simply copy it and paste the code just below <head> inside your blogger template. To do this go to:
- Blogger > Design > Edit HTML > Backup your template
- Search for <head>
- Just below it paste the code you got from BING
- Save your template. All done!
6. Normally it should take at most 3 days for BING and YAHOO to start showing data for your newly submitted site but it can even take 5 days. So be patient and expect your blog links appearing in BING and YAHOO search engines within 3-5 days.
Ping Yahoo and BingSometimes you want to inform about a quick update at your blog to Bing and Yahoo, so that they may send crawlers to index your newly added content before time. Don't ping search engines too frequently for it can be taken as overloading the servers which can even get you penalized from search listings. Do it only when you feel that your links are not appearing at Yahoo and Bing page.
Just after blog submission you may also ping the search engines to draw more attention.
- From the links below , replace www.blogg-tricks.blogspot.com with your blogspot links or custom domain links. (Example: zailab.blogspot.com or www.zailab.com)
- Paste the following links in your browser address bar one at a time and hit enter. You will see a message "Thanks for submitting your sitemap." indicating that you have successfully pinged Bing.
LINK#1 For Posts between 1-500
LINK#2 For Posts between 5001-1000
LINK#3 For Posts between 1001-1500
You don't need to do this. Pinging bing will do the job